Tuesday, April 28, 2009

it's a small world after all

Ok, I guess I didn't write a lot this weekend like I thought I would. I've had a pretty uneventful past week.

I'm not sure I'm cut out for the 9-5 life. I feel like so much of my time is spent at work and then when I get home, I'm too tired to do much. It's the worst in winter when it gets dark before I even leave work. I have the weekends to do what I want, but I don't like running errands or driving around then because of traffic and how many people are in the stores. Maybe it's just a matter of finding the right job, because mine is far from ideal, but I'm not thrilled about the prospect of having to wake up and go to work day after day after day and having such limited time off. There's too much to enjoy in life! Americans work way too much!

I can't wait for the day when I can work for myself. I'm not sure what I'll do exactly, and I certainly don't have much to offer right now, but it is my ultimate goal to be my own boss. I'm optimistic. What I have to do right now, though, is find something that will be of value to other people. Hopefully I will find that while I'm in school!

I looked at these pictures today, and my heart started pounding. I am so small!!!!!!!!
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/2706/spaceb.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Cool pictures from the Hubble.

    In what Journal are you trying to get your article published?

    JD

    ReplyDelete
  2. the one with the record for the longest name... the European Journal of Clinical Microbiology and Infectious Diseases... EJCMID for short.

    ReplyDelete